We are searching for positive, energetic, and compassionate people with the desire to make a difference in the lives of our youth clients. We currently work with over 60 children in our Youth Program, with ages ranging from 4 – 18 years old. Candidates will be providing support and services to youth clients with mental health issues. As a Youth Behavioral Specialist you will work with children on goals such as community integration, appropriate social skills, anger management/coping skills and daily living skills. In this position you will be working one on one or in a group setting. Work locations may include community settings, school settings, and individual’s home environments. The individuals served may present physical or verbal aggression towards self, staff, and/or others. We work with children who have Depression, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, ADHD/ADD, Attachment Disorders, Anxiety, Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Down Syndrome.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate good judgment and the ability to manage crisis situations
- Utilize training to de – escalate tense situations
- Engage in emotional regulation activities
- Teach individuals various skills; social, life, and daily living
- Integrate individuals in the community
- Transport individuals to community outings and activities
- Meet with Mental Health Professional for mandatory supervision weekly or bi – weekly
- Complete all documentation to program standards within 24 hours of contact with client
- Paid training
- Wellness benefit at the YMCA
- Paid Days Leave (Prorated)
- Employee growth and development
- Employee assistance program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision
- Retirement plan
We are hiring to begin work immediately and also hiring to begin work starting in May. To be eligible for these positions you must have at least three years of driving experience. This position requires use of a personal vehicle. A valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle record and state minimum auto insurance is required for this position. Ideal candidates would have experience supporting individuals with a mental health diagnosis.
Click here to apply.
Please contact our Human Resources Department directly at 920-431-0962 to request any special accommodations you may need to complete our application. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact us to check the status of your application. We will contact you once the application/screening process is complete. This may take several days after you apply. EOE
Current Employees may click here to request an internal transfer.
To be approved for a transfer, you must meet the following specifications:
- Be out of your 90 day introductory period.
- Be in good standing (no disciplinary action in last 6 months beyond written).
- Have been at current program for 90 days.
These transfer requests are good for 6 months and final approval lies with Program manager and District manager.