We are now accepting applications for Floats in our CSL and CCS programs. Floats are program-specific, based on mental health or more personal care-based needs
Candidates will be providing in-home supports and services to adults; assisting them with tasks that may otherwise prohibit them from maintaining their independence, and supporting individuals with varying diagnoses with successful outcomes.
Floats DSPs are trained to work at all programs of their specialty. Float DSPs will be full-time status (30-40 hours/week), and will work a schedule that will be completed with a two-week advanced notice that is based off of program needs. This schedule will have the ability to be flexible to staff commitments, but will require the availability to assist on all shifts. They will be working open shifts in Stevens Point, Wisconsin Rapids, Marshfield, Rib Mtn., Wausau, and occasionally further North.
The ideal candidate will have flexible availability and experience with medical needs, mental health, AODA, and challenging behaviors to be successful in this position.
- Provide In-Home and community support and services to individuals with varying physical needs
- Provide support and services to individuals with varying diagnoses (ADHD, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Anxiety, Personality Disorders, Mood Disorder, Autism, AODA, etc.)
- Skill based teaching.
- Assist with social skills, coping skills, daily living skills, medication monitoring, and linking to community resources.
- Maintain and reinforce healthy boundaries.
- Attend team meetings as requested.
- Complete all documentation to program standards
- Paid training
- Wellness benefit at the YMCA
- Employee growth and development
- Employee assistance program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid internships and licensure/certification hours may be available for candidates in college or working towards certifications and licensure (Certified Social Worker, LCSW, LPC, SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC, RN,)
- Flexible Scheduling
- Great learning opportunity for future advancement
Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record, a reliable vehicle with appropriate state insurance is required.
Click here to apply.
Please contact our Human Resources Department directly at 920-431-0962 to request any special accommodations you may need to complete our application. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact us to check the status of your application. We will contact you once the application/screening process is complete. This may take several days after you apply. EOE
Current Employees may contact their local Human Resources team to request an internal transfer.
To be approved for a transfer, you must meet the following specifications:
- Be out of your 90 day introductory period.
- Be in good standing (no disciplinary action in last 6 months beyond written).
- Have been at current program for 90 days.
These transfer requests are good for 6 months and final approval lies with Program manager and District manager.