We are currently accepting applications for Direct Support Professionals. We are currently hiring positions working AM and PM shifts. All scheduled Direct Support Professional positions require a commitment of every-other-weekend and rotating Holidays. Casual call positions are available for individuals looking for more flexibility.
Candidates will be providing in-home support and services to individuals; assisting them with tasks that may otherwise prohibit them from maintaining their independence.
Candidates will be working directly with individuals who may have developmental disabilities/mental health diagnoses, diverse medical needs, physical limitations, and/or behavioral issues. Ideal candidates would have experience supporting individuals with challenging physical needs and behaviors with successful outcomes. This position may involve hands-on personal cares, community engagement, and vocational activities, as well as behavior redirection.
We are searching for positive, energetic individuals with the desire to make a difference in peoples’ lives!
- Provide In-Home and community support and services to individuals with varying diagnoses.
- Maintain and reinforce healthy boundaries.
- Assist with social skills, coping skills, daily living skills, medication monitoring, and linking to community resources.
- Attend team meetings as requested.
- Complete all documentation to program standards.
- Paid training
- Wellness benefit at the YMCA
- Employee growth and development
- Employee assistance program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid internships and licensure/certification hours may be available for candidates in college or working towards certifications and licensure (Certified Social Worker, LCSW, LPC, SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC, RN,)
To be eligible for a Direct Support Professional position, you must be at least 18 years old. Positions require a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Comprehensive training will be provided by Company.
Click here to apply.
Please contact our Human Resources Department directly at 920-431-0962 to request any special accommodations you may need to complete our application. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact us to check the status of your application. We will contact you once the application/screening process is complete. This may take several days after you apply. EOE
Current Employees may contact their local Human Resources team to request an internal transfer.
To be approved for a transfer, you must meet the following specifications:
- Be out of your 90 day introductory period.
- Be in good standing (no disciplinary action in last 6 months beyond written).
- Have been at current program for 90 days.
These transfer requests are good for 6 months and final approval lies with Program manager and District manager.