We are seeking a Program Manager for our Community Supported Living Program based in Marshfield, WI. We are committed to flexible, accessible and client-centered supports and services that honor the dignity, respect the rights and maximize the potential of each individual.
Program Managers are directly responsible for the needs of the individual who lives in the program and daily operations of the program which includes supervising a team of Direct Support Professionals. Program Managers will be required to work direct care with the client in addition to their management responsibilities. Direct care duties may involve assisting client with all activities of daily living including hand-on personal cares, and transportation to and from community outings and appointments as well as other tasks. Management responsibilities may include scheduling, training, performance appraisals, budgeting, and quality assurance. Hours are typically AM shifts, although the manager is responsible to ensure coverage for the program on a 24-hour basis. Position involves night and weekend on-call responsibilities.
Qualifications for Program Manager include:
- Positive, energetic individuals with the desire to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Experience with developmental disabilities and/or mental health issues is preferred.
- Prior management or supervisory experience in this field preferred.
- CNA license/Personal Care Worker certificate helpful but not required, comprehensive paid training provided.
- Experience with diverse physical behavioral and memory care needs are necessary to be successful.
- Valid WI driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record required.
What We Offer:
- Benefit package including: health, dental, vision, life insurance & 401K.
- Paid days leave
- Paid holidays following introductory period
- Advancement opportunities in a fast growing company!
Please send a Resume and Letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact our Human Resources Department directly at 920-431-0962 to request any special accommodations you may need to complete our application. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact us to check the status of your application. We will contact you once the application/screening process is complete. This may take several days after you apply. EOE
Current Employees may contact their local Human Resources team to request an internal transfer.
To be approved for a transfer, you must meet the following specifications:
- Be out of your 90 day introductory period.
- Be in good standing (no disciplinary action in last 6 months beyond written).
- Have been at current program for 90 days.
These transfer requests are good for 6 months and final approval lies with Program manager and District manager.