We are currently accepting applications for Direct Support Professionals at the RCC in Gleason, Wisconsin. We are hiring part-time 2nd and 3rd shift positions. Hours vary from 8 to 16 hours per week. Casual call positions are also available for individuals looking for greater flexibility. Additional hours are available on an as needed basis for coverage.
The Rural Community Concept is a facilitated community setting situation on 80 acres of farm and forest land in North Central Wisconsin. The program focuses on a holistic approach to community living by offering rental housing, vocational training opportunities, and social interaction. The RCC concept allows greater client independence by reducing staff presence and creating vocational options for those who were once isolated from communities by intensive staff coverage.
- Provide in-home support and services to individuals with varying diagnoses
- Maintain and reinforce health boundaries
- Motivate and supervise client work and activities
- Assist with community integration
- Assist with social skills, coping skills, daily living skills, vocational activities, medication monitoring, and linking to community resources
- Attend team meetings as requested
- Complete all documentation to program standards
Ideal candidates would have experience supporting individuals with mental health issues, physical aggression, and challenging behaviors with successful outcomes. We are searching for positive, energetic individuals with the desire to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Paid training
- Wellness benefit at the YMCA
- Employee growth and development
- Employee assistance program
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid internships and licensure/certification hours may be available for candidates in college or working towards certifications and licensure (Certified Social Worker, LCSW, LPC, SAC-IT, SAC, CSAC, RN)
All scheduled Direct Support Professional positions require a commitment of every-other-weekend and rotating holidays.
Candidates must be 18 years or older with a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
Click here to apply.
Please contact our Human Resources Department directly at 920-431-0962 to request any special accommodations you may need to complete our application. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact us to check the status of your application. We will contact you once the application/screening process is complete. This may take several days after you apply. EOE
Current Employees may click here to request an internal transfer.
To be approved for a transfer, you must meet the following specifications:
- Be out of your 90 day introductory period.
- Be in good standing (no disciplinary action in last 6 months beyond written).
- Have been at current program for 90 days.
These transfer requests are good for 6 months and final approval lies with Program manager and District manager.