Regional Administrator – Central Region
The Regional Administrator will oversee and manage the Central region as well as provide operational direction, budget oversight and long-term planning for assigned region. This position is responsible for the initial and ongoing development of new and existing programming for the assigned region. The Regional Administrator also serves as the initial/main contact for vendors and families and is to provide/receive information for referrals and conduct and coordinate assessments for new programming or vacancies throughout the region. Frequent daily and some overnight travel is required.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with funders, vendors, service recipients and employees. Successfully manage conflicts among involved parties and address concerns in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Directly supervise, support and develop the region’s assigned administrative unit and district manager(s).
- Provide guidance to effectively resolve emergencies and commonplace issues that arise within the region. Be available to district managers, program managers, direct care staff and administrative staff at all times. Secure administrative on-call coverage for the region if otherwise unable to provide it.
- Coordinate with the accounting department, director of operations and management company personnel to develop budgets for new programs, and make adjustments to budgets as necessary to ensure financial viability of programs.
- Develop and maintain program start-up processes to aid in the development of new areas, working in conjunction with Operations, Human Resources, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, IT and Finance.
- Evaluate programmatic needs of new and existing geographic areas to guide organizational growth (i.e. existing services, satisfaction with current provider network, services needed).
- Develop various types of community programming. This includes but not limited to site selection, initial training and hiring of management and direct care staff, furnishing of facilities, development of Innovative culture, implementation of documentation and quality assurance practices, coordination of technology when applicable as well as coordination of trainings as needed.
- Coordinate with administrative staff to complete all contract requirements on an annual basis or as needed.
- Serve as the initial contact for vendors and families and to provide/receive information for referrals and conduct or coordinate assessments for new programming or vacancies throughout the organization
- Ensure implementation of all company policies and procedures applicable to the programs within the region.
- Develop and communicate regional weekly report on a timely basis.
- Work with other regional administrators to share best practices.
- Bachelor Degree preferred, 5-7 years of management experience required as well as 5-7 years of experience in long term care/health care preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service abilities.
- Sound analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Meet company requirements to be an eligible driver.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Julie Strenn by 4:00pm June 16, 2017 at email@example.com.
Click here to apply.
Please contact our Human Resources Department directly at 920-431-0962 to request any special accommodations you may need to complete our application. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact us to check the status of your application. We will contact you once the application/screening process is complete. This may take several days after you apply. EOE
Current Employees may contact their local Human Resources team to request an internal transfer.
To be approved for a transfer, you must meet the following specifications:
- Be out of your 90 day introductory period.
- Be in good standing (no disciplinary action in last 6 months beyond written).
- Have been at current program for 90 days.
These transfer requests are good for 6 months and final approval lies with Program manager and District manager.